601 Perimeter Drive, Suite 100
Lexington, KY 40517
Find an Expert Eye Doctor in Lexington, KY at Kentucky Eye Institute
Receiving routine eye care services is very important. Aside from detecting many treatable eye problems, your comprehensive eye exams can often be the earliest indicator of many systemic diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, thyroid problems and more. A visit to the eye doctor is as important as a visit to the dentist or primary care physician, as the specialized knowledge that optometrists have can help treat or prevent certain potential health issues from the very start.
Did you know that according to the American Optometric Association (AOA), adults should be visiting an eye doctor every two years? In fact, for children, teens, and older adults, a trip to the optometrist is recommended as often as once a year. Ultimately, how often you should get your eyes checked can vary depending on your individual circumstances, but it’s important to remember that if you’re experiencing unusual eye symptoms or have gone several years without a check-up, scheduling a visit to the optometrist may be your first line of defense against future problems. Additionally, as children grow and adults age, what may start as minor changes in vision can progress into something more serious without proper treatment.
If you’re searching for the right eye doctor in Lexington, KY and the greater Lexington area, Kentucky Eye Institute is proud to provide Central Kentucky with top-of-the-line optometry and ophthalmology that puts patients first in all we do. With numerous highly specialized and experienced eye doctors across the Commonwealth, KEI is committed to the best in Kentucky eye care in all communities we serve, including the vibrant city of Lexington in the heart of the Bluegrass.
At our east Lexington Kentucky Eye Institute office, we value patient experience more than anything. We’re Lexington’s favorite eye doctor and we’re here to serve you. We proudly accept many of the leading vision insurance plans and offer a wide array of eye care services using state of the art technology. Conveniently located on Perimeter Drive, our office features only the highest quality care and advanced diagnostic technology for the best patient experience. Our Lexington, KY ophthalmologists and optometrists will ensure that you receive a treatment tailored to each of your unique needs. We provide a comprehensive range of services for our patients, including:
- Cataract services – Cataracts can severely cloud the vision of affected eyes, and are especially common for older adults. Our streamlined, state-of-the-art cataract surgical procedures make both healing time and discomfort minimal, with the procedure itself usually taking about half an hour.
- LASIK treatment – LASIK procedures can treat a wide range of vision issues, whether you suffer from myopia, hyperopia, or astigmatism. Recovery time following this procedure is usually short, and LASIK involves less risk of glare or halos than other refractive surgeries.
- Retina services – In the center of your retina is the macula, which is at the root of retinal disorders. While these disorders can be very serious in some cases, proper treatment can help to restore eyesight and prevent further damage to your vision.
- Glaucoma services – Despite being painless and gradual, glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness in the United States, with many not aware they are losing their eyesight until the disease progresses more seriously. Though glaucoma has no cure, we offer effective treatments to preserve your sight.
- Oculoplastics – Oculoplastic surgery helps to reconstruct eye and associated structures, including the eye socket, eyelids, tear ducts, and other parts of the face.
- Ocular surface disease treatment – Ocular surface diseases affect the surface of the cornea. These diseases can vary greatly in symptoms and cause, but often involve blurry vision, itching, redness, or pain. Blindness as a result of corneal scarring can even occur in some severe cases.
- Refractive error treatment – When your eye is unable to bend light correctly, this can result in issues like nearsightedness, farsightedness, and other vision problems.
- Optical Services – Offering the finest in preventative treatment and surgical care is at the core of our practice, but we also offer premium frames and lenses as well as a range of complimentary maintenance services for your glasses.
Ready to schedule an eye exam at our east Lexington office?
Call us today to schedule an appointment at (859) 278-9393!
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider. If you are seeking vision care services in Lexington, Kentucky and the surrounding areas, you have come to the right place. Kentucky Eye Institute has locations throughout Kentucky to make access to eye care more convenient. Our doctors are dedicated to creating the best possible outcomes. We are here for you!
Copyright 2022 Kentucky Eye Institute. Crafted by Harris & Ward.