To all our patients,
Due to recent public health concerns, we are actively monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local officials regarding the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). The safety of our patients and our staff is our highest priority. Therefore, we are putting certain precautions in place and following CDC guidelines to decrease exposure risks in the office and continue to follow and reinforce strict universal precautions and OSHA protocols.
As a safety measure for you, our patients, but also for our staff and other patients, if you are sick or have had any recent flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, sweating, sneezing, chills, or fatigue, please call us or text us and reschedule your appointment for a later date. You must be fever and symptom-free for at least 48 hours before rescheduling.
We understand rescheduling an appointment can often be inconvenient, but we are taking these measures for everyone’s safety, including yours. If needed, we will do our best to get your appointment rescheduled in a timely manner.
Please review the CDC website for the latest information regarding COVID-19. Also, remember that your best defense to prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like COVID-19 is to follow good prevention practices, including the following:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues or in the sleeve of your own shirt.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth (especially with unwashed hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, like your cell phone.
- Avoid close contact with people (especially if they are sick).
- Stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- If you are caring for an ill person, stay home for a two-week period (estimated incubation time).
- If you have traveled recently or have been in close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 and are experiencing the above symptoms, please call your doctor or health care facility and them know of your recent travel and symptoms and seek medical attention right away.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Your doctors at White, Greer and Maggard Orthodontics